Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Ball

Tyler and Rachel had a military ball to attend in the summer and instead of being a formal one it was 80s themed!  I normally don't like to dress up but this one was fun!  Tyler ordered a track suit online and Rachel found some clothes at the good will.  You may notice Tyler's mullet adds a nice touch to his ensemble.  We gave his caveman wig from many Halloween's ago a haircut and voila!

The ball was in a warehouse in south El Paso in a sketchy part of town and we were unsure we were going to the right location but inside it was decorated really fun and everyone was super into the theme with their costumes.  It was amazing.  We had a nice dinner too!

 Rachel was inspired by Molly Ringwald in 16 Candles for her outfit.

Tyler took a group photo with the other commanders.  Some other costumes we saw were Mcgyver, The Labyrinth characters (the baby is pictured below), Boy George, Goonies characters, Mario and Luigi, 80's bands, the list goes on!

Even some Star Wars characters showed up.

Tyler posing with a Desert Knight.

Photo Booth.  Love the last one of Tyler's mustache.

We had a really great time together and made some fun memories at the Desert Knights 80's Bash.

1 comment:

  1. You may have sent me pictures of this ball before, but I don't remember seeing them. Brings back lots of memories of when I was a young mother during these stylish years. I totally had a blazer I bought in Germany like Rachel is wearing that I wore during most of the last half of the 80's. I especially like Tyler's Reagan/Bush sweat bands. That was a nice touch! It sounds like tons more fun than those stuffy formal affairs.

    ReplyDelete