We had a great 4th of July with good food and friends. We spent the morning with the Heywood family. We made crafts, ate lots of food, and played outside. The kids had a blast.
Sylvia is enthusiastically eating watermelon. Their hats were one of the crafts we made.
Andrew loves tractors.
Cute kids!
We painted the second craft. The toilet paper rolls were cut and used like a stamp to paint fireworks on their papers. Each person's artwork was so unique and truly looked like fireworks!
They also played outside and in the sprinkler and with the cars and bikes.
One of the things I brought to our barbecue was this cookie cake. It was really good! I forgot to take a picture of it, but it basically turned out like this except I didn't pipe the frosting, I drizzled it all over and I put chocolate chips inside instead of sprinkles. The link is listed there and I would recommend the recipe.
That evening Andrew and I watched some small fireworks out his window at dusk. He really enjoyed the mini firework show.
God bless America. Happy Fourth of July!

Those little shooting stars hats are too cute! Sylvia looks so happy to be eating that watermelon. It looks like you had a great 4th of July celebration. I'm glad you had friends to share it with you.
ReplyDeleteI love that picture of Sylvia eating watermelon! What a good mom - Pinterest crafts AND Pinterest dessert ;)
ReplyDelete