Sunday, April 17, 2016

Easter

We had a great Easter in Colorado! Our neighbors always have lawn decor to celebrate the holidays and here the kids are admiring what we call, "Pink Bunny".  We took walks to visit Pink Bunny many times in March.  

I planned an Easter party for our little playgroup.  We had eight kids come and it turned out to be a blast!

I filled and hide over 100 eggs; a task much harder than I expected!

I made a fun bunny cake too, it didn't quite turn out how I had envisioned, but it was tasty!  It was a white cake with lemon filling with a pretty standard buttercream frosting covered in coconut.

The kids had fun playing together.

After making a bunny craft they couldn't wait to go egg hunting.  Andrew was really into it!

Lily found some eggs!

Even Sylvia had fun with the egg hunt.

Andrew found A LOT of the eggs!

Afterward we had lunch and cake.

I couldn't resist buying these cute bunny plates for the party.

Little Ruby was tired out.

Sylvia loves babies so much.

Then the kids had fun opening all their eggs.  I had ordered some eggs with toy animals inside and those were a really big hit.  Most of the eggs had candy in them and some had stickers.

Andrew's best friends are Blake and Lily.  Anytime we mention friends, Andrew asks if we mean Blake and Lily.  They are so cute in this picture!

I ordered a bunny banner when I ordered the animal eggs.  The tails are tiny pom poms.

Tyler sent some beautiful flowers because he knew I was throwing this party.  They were so perfect and it was very thoughtful of him.

Here the kids are all dressed up for Easter Sunday.  You probably can't tell but they were sick and we had to leave church early.  Andrew is drinking some medicine in this picture.

Here are some of their presents from the Easter bunny.  Andrew loved eating the chocolate bunnies and lollipops. (Not all in one day)

Since the kids had pretty bad colds, our friends sent over some Easter dinner to share and I sent over the food I was going to bring to their house.  That's what I call great friends! 
This is our Easter family selfie.

1 comment:

  1. I want to come to your next Easter party! :) It looks like it was a big success. And I love seeing Sylvia in that Easter dress! Grace wore that one last year, and it's so Easter-y! I like that in the picture where you said Sylvia loves babies, the "baby" is basically her same size. haha It's funny how little kids always call other little kids "babies". :)

    ReplyDelete